The miniature train was lost when the park grandstand burned in 1919. The roller coaster was demolished with the rest of the midway as the waters of the Great Sacandaga Lake were rising in 1929. But the carousel survived, migrating to a private amusement park at Piseco Lake through World War II. In 1952, it was purchased by Electra Havemeyer Webb for her Shelburne Museum in Vermont.
Originally, the museum planned to operate the carousel on its grounds. However, the quality of the Dentzel animals is so great that they were instead placed on gallery exhibition as folk art.
Today the tiger, which is attributed to Dentzel's master carver Daniel Mueller (1876-1952), lion, prancing goats, and their circus companions greet visitors to the museum's Round Barn. Astoundingly, the animals are still resplendent in their original paint. A second carousel, built in the 1920s by another firm, operates outside the barn during the summer months.