By the mid-1920s, New York State had purchased or condemned most of the land on the Sacandaga Valley floor. In 1929 rising waters of what was originally called the Sacandaga Resevoir spelled the end for Sport Island, the low-lying midway, and the Northville railroad line. The resort hotels on higher ground stayed open for many years after the park closed. The last survivor, the railroad's own Adirondack Inn, burned to the ground in 1975.
Today none of the park's amusements survive except the golf course, which was one of the original attractions in 1898. However, many fragments of the park can be glimpsed on a casual stroll through what is now the community of Sacandaga Park. They include several pine-shaded streets of cottages built in the style of three-quarter scale Victorian houses, as well as some of the boarding houses that catered to the overnight vistor trade.
But perhaps the most dramatic reminder of what once was is the FJG's Sacandaga Park Station. Stranded when the rails were torn out for scrap, the station had served as a stable and vending machine company warehouse, as well as the residence of a sculptor named Faust, who surrounded it with a magnificent art park filled with his own works. A couple of years ago, it was almost purchased by a developer who reportedly wished to turn the site into a trailer park. But this proposal was rejected, and the station has been restored by its eventual purchaser in a rare happy ending to such a tale.